CfA: NIAS Individual Fellowships (Deadline 15 March 2021)
24 February 2021
The Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIAS-KNAW) is looking for scholars who would like to spend 5 or 10 months in 2022/23 at the institute to work on their own curiosity-driven research project, and get inspired by our interdisciplinary, collaborative community of scholars, artists, writers and journalists. The call for applications closes on 15 March 2021.
Each year, NIAS awards around 30 fellows, both scholars with a Dutch affiliation and scholars from abroad, with a NIAS Individual Fellowship. Fellows can apply for a stipend or a replacement subsidy, commuting travel expenses for daily commute or subsidized accommodation in Amsterdam.
What NIAS offers:
• Fellowship for 5 or 10 months
• Monthly stipend of a maximum of € 3,000 to € 3,800 per month
• Personal office space
• Lunches during the work week
• Subsidized accommodation in the heart of Amsterdam (also for families)
• Support with the visa procedure
• Flight reimbursement
• Regular academic and social activities (including writing workshops, grant writing groups, etc.)
• Opportunity to extend your network and benefit from the expertise of colleagues
• An open, inclusive environment which welcomes a wide range of perspectives in a diverse, English-speaking city
Read more at: nias.knaw.nl