UEFISCDI ProgramsResearch Programs
These programs are developed with the financial support of the Executive Unit for Financing Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation (UEFISCDI) of the Ministry of Education and Research, Romania.
UEFISCDI Award Program (since October 2016)
The Executive Unit for Financing Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation (UEFISCDI) formally recognized the outstanding scientific activity of the NEC in 2016, when they granted New Europe College two institutional prizes for coordinating, at that time, two ERC grants. In 2020 NEC took part again in the UEFISCDI competition and won another institutional prize for the currently hosted ERC grant.
The UEFISCDI Award Program helped NEC to offer fellowships targeting young international researchers, to initiate and support research groups on topics relevant to NEC Alumni and network of researchers, and start a guest lectures program, gathering outstanding Romanian and international scholars or professors. Last but not least, the UEFISCDI Award generated the mobility program for fellows and alumni facilitating their participation in national and international scientific events.
- Nationalism and its Effects on Music in Central and Eastern Europe since the Second Half of the 19th Century
- Society and Economy on the Fringes of Empires. The Romanian Principalities in a Regional Context in the Premodern and Modern Periods
- Culture in Murky Times
- New World Disorder
- Higher Education and Academic Research: Theories, Practices, Challenges
UEFISCDI Award FellowshipsFellows by year
- Yiddish Culture in Greater Romania (1918-1940): in the Aftermath of the Empires and Challenged by the New National State
- The Oldest Romanian Manuscript and Printed Versions of the Akathistos Hymn (17th C). The History of a Liturgical Masterpiece Between Text and Image
Young Research Teams
- Museums and Controversial Collections. Politics and Policies of Heritage-Making in Post-colonial and Post-socialist Contexts
- Turning Global: Socialist Experts during the Cold War (1960s – 1980s)
- The pluralization of the public sphere. Art exhibitions in Romania between 1968 and 1989
- Mircea Eliade between Indology and History of Religions. From Yoga to Shamanism and Archaic Religiosity
- The Political Radicalization of the Kantian Idea of Philosophy in a Cosmopolitan Sense
- Federalism sau interguvernamentalism? Perspective normative asupra modelului democratic al Uniunii Europene
Ștefan Odobleja Fellowships
This programme continues the NEC core Fellowship Programme, which started in 1994.
Since 2008, following the UEFISCDI support, the programme has been offering up to nine fellowships to Romanian young researchers.