CfA: 2 Postdoctoral Research Positions at the University of Bucharest, Romania (Deadline: 22 September 2022)
19 September 2022
The University of Bucharest, Romania, is launching the competition for 2 Postdoctoral research positions within the Interdisciplinary Research on Russia’s Geopolitics in the Black Sea and the Arctic Ocean project.
This project is funded by the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 in the Collaborative Research Programme, contract no. 35/2021, and it is implemented by the University of Bucharest through its Research Institute (ICUB).
Period of employment: 12 months – starting with October/November 2022.
Work quota: partial, 84 hours per month, in Bucharest.
Amenities: monthly gross salary of 6806 lei (around 4400 lei net pay); participation funding in international scientific conferences; research traineeship abroad; access to the project’s facilities.
Job description of the postdoctoral researcher and the types of activities included in the research quota:
– applied research on a subject within the project’s theme
– writing a minimum of two scientific studies, which must be sent for publishing in relevant peer-reviewed academic journals
– presenting a minimum of 2 scientific papers within relevant peer-reviewed academic conferences
– writing a minimum of one article per month, of approximatively 6000 characters for the project’s webpage, according to research field or expertise
– collaborating in creating a database with bibliographical data on the project’s subject
– collaborating in creating the research centre’s digital library
– participating in bimonthly meetings to analyse research progress
– for those that do not know Russian, learning the language within the intensive course organised within the project
– collaborating with the research team in the organization and unrolling of academic events within the project
– writing a monthly activity report within the project.
– PhD title in one of the following fields: Political Sciences; International Relations and European Studies; History; Sociology; Economic Sciences; Geography; Environmental Science, received within the last 10 years.
– research experience;
– the proposed research subject must fit the theme of the Interdisciplinary Research on Russia’s Geopolitics in the Black Sea and the Arctic Ocean project;
– good English skills;
– knowledge of Russian is not mandatory, but represents an advantage;
– ability to use a computer – the Office package (minimum of Word and Excel) and to research online sources.
The application dossier for the contest will contain the following documents:
– Curriculum Vitae, which must contain information regarding studies, professional and research experience;
– List of scientific publications;
– Letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position, written in English, of about 4000 characters, and names and contact information of three references;
– Research project, written in English, which must fit the theme of the Interdisciplinary Research on Russia’s Geopolitics in the Black Sea and the Arctic Ocean project (details on www.russianstudiesromania.eu);
– Copies of the documents which attest the level of education and of other documents which attest the completion of specialisations and/or the fulfilling of the specific conditions;
– Request for entry into the contest, addressed to the University’s Rector;
– Copy of an ID, or any other document which attests one’s identity, according to the law;
– Birth certificate, marriage certificate (where appropriate)
– Criminal record or statement on one’s own responsibility that the candidate has no criminal record
– Medical certificate which attests one’s appropriate health status, issued by the candidate’s family doctor or by competent medical authorities;
– Agreement regarding the processing of personal data.
All documents will be sent by email, in one file pdf format, according to the timetable to: email@example.com
The evaluation and selection stages:
1. Selection of the contest dossiers
2. Evaluating the research projects
3. Practical test – assessment of academic communication skills in English
The schedule for interview will be sent to each selected candidate by email.
24th of August – 22th of September, 2022: Dossier submission by email at the Directorate for Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org and verifying the dossier’s documents;
22th of September, 2022, until 15,30 o’clock: Deadline for submission;
For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team via e-mail to Assoc. Prof. Marius Diaconescu, assistant manager in the project: email@example.com